Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleg Proudnikov <ol...@cloudorange.com> on 2012/05/01 17:43:51 UTC

Bulkload into a different CF

Hello,

Is it possible to create an exact replica of a CF by these steps?

1. Take a snapshot
2. Isolate sstables for CF1
3. Rename sstables into CF2
4. Bulk load renamed sstables into newly created CF2 within the same Keyspace

Or would you suggest using sstable2json instead?

Thank you very much,
Oleg

Re: Bulkload into a different CF

Posted by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>.
I would just try to copy instead of moving first, and dropping the old
CF or the not needed snapshot if necessary when everything is ok.

--
sent from my Nokia 3210

Re: Bulkload into a different CF

Posted by Oleg Proudnikov <ol...@cloudorange.com>.

Posted by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>.
!! Without any guarantee. I know it works but I never used this in production !!

You can copy the sstables (renaming them accordingly) and call nodetool refresh.

Don't forget to create your column family CF2 before.

--
sent from my Nokia 3210