Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by janylj <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/13 19:12:22 UTC

Does AMQ Message Store downgrade the performance?

Hello,

I am using the AMQ Message Store for the persistence. The configuration is:

<persistenceAdapter>
  <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
</persistenceAdapter>

It seems to me that the AMQ message store affects the performance a lot. I
am using Maven2 performance test
(http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html).
For the case of 1 producer and 1 durable subscriber, I got avg of 702
messages/second for the producer and only 58 messages/s for the durable
subscriber. However, after I deleted the ${activemq.base}/data folder and
ran the very same test. I got 1451 messages/s for the producer and 1450
messages/s for the durable subscriber. Note before my first test case, I ran
some other tests which publishes many messages to topics and queues on the
broker.

I am using activemq 5.1.0 stable release. Anyone has inputs on why AMQ
message store's data folder matters performance? It performs best when
having a fresh data center. Thank you very much.

Re: Does AMQ Message Store downgrade the performance?

Posted by janylj <ja...@gmail.com>.
The broker and the clients are both at:
Ubuntu Release 8.04
Kernel Linux 2.6.24-16-generic

Please let me know if you need more info. Thank you.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.