Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by thufir <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 12:58:32 UTC

gmane again

As has been discussed before, without result (except an unsubscribe):

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e645012d7a630cd61056e28b18fea1c156afe4879e539f635aa6a116@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

Who would have the following information, if not the list admin?

thufir writes:

 > netbeans is going over to apache.
 >

 > will gmane add/reconfigure the mailing lists?

If someone provides Gmane with the group names and the new addresses,
and information about whether resubscription is required: yes.

It isn't going to happen without any information.

Send it to admin@gmane.org

   Best regards,

     Adam

To re-iterate:  someone has the above requested information. Probably
only one person, or perhaps a few.  That person is probably the list
admin for this group.  Which is why I'd like to speak directly with the
list admin.  Yes, we are all Apache -- which is wonderful -- but likely
only the list admin is able to answer the above questions.  Hence the
second, or perhaps third, attempt to gather this information.

Yes, I've read "how to participate" and no, it doesn't answer the above
questions.  Again, it's likely that only the list admin would know --
which is why I'm again trying to reach that individual in order to get
those answers.

Thanks,

Thufir

Re: gmane again

Posted by thufir <ha...@gmail.com>.
they just need to know whether subscribers to the current netbeans
mailing list will need to subscribe to the new apache mailing list.

Also, the group name.  It's a hierarchy, like java packages.  They start
with gmane because they're hosted on gmane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_newsgroup#Hierarchies

for example:  gmane.linux.ubuntu.user  is a mailing list.  Most apache
mailing lists are gmane.comp.apache.* so it can be pretty much whatever
"apache" wants.  gmane.comp.apache.ide.netbeans?  More that they need to
know about the subscriptions as above.

-Thufir

Re: gmane again

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Re: gmane again

Posted by thufir <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: gmane again

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Re: gmane again

Re: gmane again

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
That's great, thanks for the info.

I contacted thufir, i.e., the person who started this thread, as well as
gmane admin, and passed on the above information to them.

Thufir is absolutely convinced he needs to interact with the admins of
Apache NetBeans, whoever they are, they don't exist, I have told him that,
and have encouraged him to interact with the community as a whole, via this
mailing list that we are now on. I have no confidence that I have got the
message across to him, he keeps insisting he needs to be in touch with
Apache admins, and so I believe this thread will continue for some time,
and I hope others will help in trying to bring this point across to thufir.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: gmane again

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.