Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Amit Gupta <am...@FXALL.com> on 2005/03/09 17:08:38 UTC

Stale link exception tapestry

Hi,

We have one application ruuning based on the Tapestry framework. We are using following softwares :

*	Tapestry 3.0
*	JSDK 1.4
*	IPlanet4 http
*	JRun4 App server

We are getting Stalelink exception while trying out the following stuff:

We have two browser instances open.

In one instance a checkbox appears which displays the state as 'Pending'.

In another instance , there is a dropdown displaying that has entries "Pending" and "Approved". We have changed the selection from 'Pending' to 'Approved' and submitted the form. The state is changed to 'Approved' in the database.

Now we go back to the first instance , checked the checkbox against 'Pending' and clicked 'Submit'.

Now what is happening is that we are trying to save 'Pending' state in the first instance that had already been changed to 'Approved' in the other instance.
So the page having 'Pending' state throws a stale link excpetion.

We have used @foreach component at numerous places. So replacing @foreach by @ListEdit doesn't seem to be feasible solution for us as we have to do a lot of rework.

Is there any other simple solution that doesn't require much rework???

Please let us know your suggestions.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Stale link exception tapestry

Posted by David Ezzio <de...@ysoft.com>.
Hi Amit,

I have questions rather than answers.  Is the intent that the two client
browsers are using the same item that may be in three states:
to change the item from <open> to <pending> when the first user changed
it from <open> to <approved>?  It seems to me that you want the second
user to change the state that he saw, and since that state is stale,
some type of exception is called for, followed by a review, and perhaps
a resubmit on the part of the second user.

David