Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Qian Hai Shan, SLC SBS ITO (BJ)" <ha...@pek1.siemens.com.cn> on 2001/06/04 07:56:41 UTC

Error when starting Apache+Tomcat.

Hi, everybody,
I received the error message when I am trying to combine Apache and Tomcat
3.2 together.

[root@www2 bin]# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 8 of /u01/app/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /u01/app/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

BTW, I get the mod_jk.so file from jakarta.apache.org and apache was
configured with --enable-module=so. I added one line in apache httpd.conf
file like:
Include /u01/app/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

Could anybody tell me why?

Qian Haishan