Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Christiansen - PA <Ge...@capmark.com> on 2010/12/14 02:15:55 UTC

SSL Cert

Hello,

I'm trying to remove an SSL cert from a Tomcat instance. Can I just comment/remove the certs from server.xml and maintain SSL without the cert?

Thanks,

George

RE: SSL Cert

Posted by George Christiansen - PA <Ge...@capmark.com>.
I thought I could comment out the cert in server.xml and have traffic go to port 8843 without the cert. The cert I have is expired and I'm not going to renew because I don't need it any longer.
Thanks,
George

Posted by Thomas Strauß <t....@srs-management.de>.

Re: SSL Cert

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: SSL Cert

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: SSL Cert

Posted by Tobias Crefeld <tc...@cataneo.eu>.
Am Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:15:55 -0500
schrieb George Christiansen - PA <Ge...@capmark.com>:

> I'm trying to remove an SSL cert from a Tomcat instance. Can I just
> comment/remove the certs from server.xml and maintain SSL without the
> cert?

You can create a self-signed SSL-certificate instead.

Regards,
 Tobias.