Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Annick Collet <An...@eumetsat.int> on 2005/09/14 09:12:07 UTC

copy or move between repositories

I 'd like to copy   repos1/trunk/folder1  into repos2/trunk/folder1
How is it possible so that the history is  not lost ?

Thanks, Annick

Re: copy or move between repositories

Posted by Joshua Varner <jl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/14/05, Vincent Starre <vs...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Eugene Konkov wrote:
>
> >Hello, Annick.
> >
> >>I 'd like to copy   repos1/trunk/folder1  into repos2/trunk/folder1
> >>How is it possible so that the history is  not lost ?
> >>
> >You can try svk http://svk.elixus.org/.
svk is intended for a different usage paradigm, distributed
rather than centralized, not for this purpose.

> "svnadmin dump" might work

On Sep 14, Carsten Koch wrote
> svnadmin dump path-to-repos1 | svndumpfilter include /trunk/folder1 | svnadmin load path-to-repos2
Take a look at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch05s03.html
for more detail on how to do this.

This should do what you want, although if this repository is not empty
this can break some of the date related operations, but if you are simply
splitting a repository into multiple repositories then this will not
be a problem.

Josh

Re: copy or move between repositories

Posted by Vincent Starre <vs...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Eugene Konkov <ek...@nifti.unn.ru>.
Hello, Annick.

--
 Eugene                          mailto:ekon@nifti.unn.ru

Re: copy or move between repositories

Posted by Carsten Koch <Ca...@icem.com>.
Annick Collet wrote:
> I 'd like to copy   repos1/trunk/folder1  into repos2/trunk/folder1
> How is it possible so that the history is  not lost ?

I have not tried this myself, but I believe it should be possible
by logging in to the server and running something like
     svnadmin dump path-to-repos1 | svndumpfilter include /trunk/folder1 | svnadmin load path-to-repos2