Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2002/08/12 09:31:15 UTC

RE: "Premature end of script headers" while uploading files to server using perl CGI

I would go after the TimeOut first. The timeout is basically the time apache will wait on a client process to send it things. In you particular case, this would be the time between TCP packets in a POST request (I assume your form is POSTing using the "file" type of input tag). The default for this directive is "300" but it doesn't say in the docs whether this is seconds or CPU cycles or what... Actually, I'm pretty sure it is seconds. Have you defined yours as anything lower? If not, try setting it even higher - 1800 (half-an-hour)?

Does it work flawlessly with large files when the browser is on the same machine as apache (and so latency is a minimum)?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

PS The "Premature end of script headers" is standard whenever a CGI *doesn't* return a header - it it what you get when anything goes wrong.