Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Tyagi, Preetika" <pr...@intel.com> on 2017/09/21 16:29:55 UTC

Why Cassandra unit test run skips some of it?

Hi all,

I downloaded and built the Cassandra project from GitHub and ran all unit tests by running the below command:

ant test -Dtest.runners=4

When it finished, I saw >99% success rate, however, it also showed some number under "Skipped" tests as well. Does someone know why would it skip some tests?

Thanks,
Preetika

RE: Why Cassandra unit test run skips some of it?

Posted by "Tyagi, Preetika" <pr...@intel.com>.
Yeah-I actually figured it out. CDC tests were ignored as Josh mentioned since it was disabled. I looked at the code and other skipped tests were also marked ignored.
Thank you both for the response!

Preetika

There’s also at least one test we skip in circleci where we know the container memory is insufficient for the test - based on environment variables in that case.

--
Jeff Jirsa

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.