Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Josep Oriol Ragués <j....@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 17:59:15 UTC

fatal error C1010 while building the samples

I wanted to build the DOMPrint sample. I have created a Win32 console
project and copied the DOMPrint.cpp code. When I build the solution appears
the next error:

 fatal error C1010 - unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled
header directive

-I have modified the "create or use precompiled header" option at project
properties to "Generate automatically" (/YX), but then I get 88  linking
errors.

-If I include the StdAfx.h with the /Yu setted, I get the next error:
Fatal Error C1852  '*filename' is not a valid precompiled header file*
**
Help please! Thanks for your time

Re: fatal error C1010 while building the samples

Posted by Josep Oriol Ragués <j....@gmail.com>.
thanks

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Josep Oriol Ragués wrote:
> I wanted to build the DOMPrint sample. I have created a Win32 console
> project and copied the DOMPrint.cpp code. When I build the solution appears
> the next error:
>
>  fatal error C1010 - unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled
> header directive
>
> -I have modified the "create or use precompiled header" option at project
> properties to "Generate automatically" (/YX), but then I get 88  linking
> errors.

What are the linking errors?  They're probably because you haven't included
a required .lib file, not because you're using pre-compiled headers.

Why not just turn off precompiled headers?  The "automatic" option was
removed as of VS2005, so I don't think there's any point in using them any
longer.

> -If I include the StdAfx.h with the /Yu setted, I get the next error:
> Fatal Error C1852  '*filename' is not a valid precompiled header file*
> **

This is not generally a forum for platform-specific issues.  If you need to