Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by an...@e-peopleserve.com on 2002/03/08 15:50:14 UTC

server.xml - Multiple Contexts for a Single WebApp

I am trying to duplicate an issue that I am having when I have Apache
connected to Tomcat, on Tomcat alone.

My Web Application is crashing when I have two entry points into the
Application, for example:
http://hostname
http://hostname/webappname

Is there a way to set up two Contexts that point to a Single Web Application
(basically mocking the Apache Alias)?

According to the Documentation, each Context must have a unique Context
Path.  I am hoping there is a way to fake the system out and allow for two
entries into the Application with only Tomcat running.

For example (server.xml):
        <Context path=""
                 docBase="../../../../abewebapp"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false"
                 trusted="false"/>
        <Context path="/abewebapp"
                 docBase="../../../../abewebapp"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false"
                 trusted="false"/>

This crashes the system... because the two docbases are not unique.

Is there another way to configure this??

Thanks,
Annie