Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> on 2022/06/15 15:01:33 UTC

Enhancements in Jenkins Build

Hi,
In the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9948 I adjusted the Jenkins Library which is used for all our builds. Now we can have multiple Maven builds on different JDKs executed in parallel. You can see an example execution in https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Sling%2Fmodules%2Fsling-maven-enforcer-rules/detail/feature%2Ftest-parallel-builds/31/pipeline.

Due to some refactoring, there is also no longer an additional build necessary for the SonarCloud analysis, so in general builds should execute faster now (also there is no longer a necessary Maven Build with Java 11).
Feel free to enable multiple JDKs now in relevant Sling Modules with the approach from https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Sling+module+descriptor.

Let me know in case you face new issues with the Jenkins build due to that restructuring.
Thanks
Konrad

Re: Enhancements in Jenkins Build

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

On Wed, 2022-06-15 at 17:01 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Hi,
> In the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9948 I
> adjusted the Jenkins Library which is used for all our builds. Now we
> can have multiple Maven builds on different JDKs executed in
> parallel. You can see an example execution in
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Sling%2Fmodules%2Fsling-maven-enforcer-rules/detail/feature%2Ftest-parallel-builds/31/pipeline
> .
>
> Due to some refactoring, there is also no longer an additional build
> necessary for the SonarCloud analysis, so in general builds should
> execute faster now (also there is no longer a necessary Maven Build
> with Java 11).
> Feel free to enable multiple JDKs now in relevant Sling Modules with
> the approach from
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Sling+module+descriptor
> .

This looks great! I see the Sling Starter build time is less than half
of what it used to be.

Thanks,
Robert