Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adam Kovacs <a....@i-docs.com> on 2010/08/25 12:29:49 UTC

Wrong page break with 2 columned region and tables

Hi!

 I have a strange problem with displaying simple tables in a 2 columned region-body.
(except the balancing issue which I already created a bug report)

In this problem I have 2 tables. the first one is ending just before the page ends.
It is not enough place on the page to display the header of the second table but there is enough place to display 1 row of the second table.

The header2 goes to the next page but 1 row of the table is displayed on the previous page.
This means the table-bodys first row is displayed BEFORE the table-header
I tried all combinations of keep-together but without success....
This looks really bad in mine design....

Any idea how to solve this?
Is this a bug?
(with a single columned region-body its working fine... no row is displayed on the first page....)

Thanks in advance...

I attache a simple test case and the result pdf...

Adam
Using FOP 1.0

Re: Wrong page break with 2 columned region and tables

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

This is a bug. Multi-column layout together with <fo:block span="all">
doesn’t work well in FOP.

Can you please file a bug report on Bugzilla, attaching your sample
file?

Thanks,
Vincent