Posted to user@flink.apache.org by hustjackie <hu...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/10 04:18:27 UTC

Two question about flink

hi all:

I am a beginner of Flink, may I ask two question:

1. in cluster mode, if one node has crash, what's the failover? is there one mechanism to guarantees fault-tolerance?
2. is there a performance report?

Thanks
Longda

Re: Two question about flink

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey! Thanks for writing!

On Friday, October 10, 2014, hustjackie <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. in cluster mode, if one node has crash, what's the failover? is there
> one mechanism to guarantees fault-tolerance?

We currently support coarse-grained fault tolerance via program restarts.
This will be soon extended to more fine grained fault tolerance, where only
necessary parts of a program are re-executed.

> 2. is there a performance report?

There are some new performance numbers coming up soon. I think there are
also some older numbers from Robert. Let's wait what he has to say.

– Ufuk