Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/25 03:35:06 UTC

DirectoryIndex not working on Apache 2.0.39 -> mod_jk -> Tomcat 4.0.4

I've integrated Apache 2.0.39 with TC 4.0.4, but it is not picking up
index.jsp as a welcome file. index.jsp does load fine if you explicitly
specify it in the URL, however:

works: http://www.myserver.com/index.jsp
not:   http://www.myserver.com/
works: http://www.myserver.com/index.html

I've tried specifing DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf:
DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html

I've done many many searches of the docs and mail archives and the best
thing I've been able to find is to redirect calls for / to index.jsp:

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
   RedirectMatch   ((/.*|)/)$  $1index.jsp
</IfModule>

Unfortunately this wont work in cases where you have mixed content
(some dirs use index.jsp, some use index.html) or in cases where
servlets are mapped to directory-style paths:

http://www.myserver.com/admin/  --maps to--> AdminServlet

Could mod_jk be somehow overriding requests before mod_dir has a chance
to find the proper index file?

In Apache 2, mod_dir appears to be compiled-in. Is there a way to
instead compile it as a shared object in order to control the load
order/execution order?

Please let me know if anyone has an answer, thanks,
August

mod_webapp problem : compulsory "/" at the end of URL

Posted by Lee Peik Feng <pf...@syabas.com>.
I am using tomcat 4.0.4, apache 1.3.24 with mod_webapp, on both windows and
linux platform.

When I type the url without the "/" at the end, it won't display the welcome
page.
eg: http://localhost/testWebapp, it works only when I put a "/" at the end,
http://localhost/testWebapp/

But, with mod_jk, the same url will work whether with or without the "/" at
the end.

Is this a bug in mod_webapp?

Regards,
Peik Feng

Solved: DirectoryIndex not working on Apache 2.0.39 -> mod_jk -> Tomcat 4.0.4

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
You need to download and build version 1.50 of mod_jk.c from CVS. The
version distributed in jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src.tar.gz is
1.44.

-August