Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/16 17:37:18 UTC

Hive Metastore High Availability using MySQL

Hi,

I have just installed Hive 1.1.0, its Metastore is stored in the single
MySQL instance  (remote mode) that is running on my namenode-1 (nn1), it
just works.  However, I believe my current Hive setup, especially about
Hive metastore, should have single-point-of-failure issue.

My plan to resolve this issue as follows:
a) To install MySQL HA: use my standby namenode (nn2) and let it be the
MySQL replica (keepalived),

b) /usr/lib/hive/bin/metatool -listFSRoot
c) $ /usr/lib/hive/bin/metatool -updateLocation <new-location>
<old-location>

d) Add one more property in hive-site.xml
    <property>
    <name>hive.metastore.uris</name>
    <value>thrift://nn1,thrift://nn2</value>
    </property>
e) Use virtual MySQL IP for the property of
 "javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL" in hive-site.xml

Are above good enough? Do I miss anything else?

Regards