Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Scott Stevens <mm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/31 14:30:10 UTC

Managing password updates in Commons-DBCP

Hello Commons-Users,

The issue we are having is that we are implementing a policy forcing database account password changes every 90 days.

Our DataSource implementation class uses the SharedPoolDataSource (from commons-dbcp) in managing its PooledConnections. Unfortunately, it appears that SharedPoolDataSource maps the user/password info using the user name. If the user's password changes and the old user/password info is already in the Map, a test in the SharedPoolDataSource prevents client apps from getting a connection on the user.  Also the Map object is private to SharedPoolDataSource, and simply implementing our own version of SharedPoolDataSource will not work, since there's a ton of package level classes being used.

Can anyone provide a straight-forward method to replacing the expired username/password mapping such that a SharedPoolDataSource may recognize/replace the new account password?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Scott Stevens