Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2019/08/21 16:20:52 UTC

Official docker image for JMeter

Hello,

Don’t you think we should publish an official docker image for JMeter?

Many organizations don’t trust current available images and look for
official one from Apache.

Is there some documentation on what is required to publish a Docker image
using ASF account ?

Thanks

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad

Re: Official docker image for JMeter

Posted by Brian Wolfe <wo...@gmail.com>.
Another thing that might be useful would be setting up a separate github
repo for the containerization code. Something you guys can look at as a
reference would be ForgeRocks Identity platform called forgeops.
https://github.com/ForgeRock/forgeops

Brian Wolfe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-wolfe-3136425a/

Re: Official docker image for JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Brian,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Official docker image for JMeter

Posted by Brian Wolfe <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If you are not sure what is permitted, then ask infra.

Personally, I don't see the point, given how easy it is to unpack a
binary archive.

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 12:27, Philippe Mouawad

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

AW: [MASSMAIL]Official docker image for JMeter

Posted by Franz Schwab <fr...@exasol.com>.
Hi Philippe,

+1 for that - as I already thought about setting up a docker image for my use case on my own. If there was an official docker image, that would make life much easier.
Talked with my colleagues lately about vagrant, ansible, docker, automation in general for different use cases.

Best regards,
Franz

[image: ubik-ingenierie.com] ubik-ingenierie.com <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> | [image: 03.20.91.49.81] 03.20.91.49.81 <+33320914981> | [image: 23 rue du chemin de fer , 59100 , Roubaix] 23 rue du chemin de fer, 59100, Roubaix <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/50.69454/3.16455>