Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com> on 2008/07/01 12:03:53 UTC

Re: Problem with tax recalculation after order item cancellation

Hi Scott and all,

Sorry for the late reply. Comments inline:

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 23:01 +1200, Scott Gray wrote:
> > The status of the item is set to ITEM_CANCELLED and tax adjustments
> are
> > not removed. Instead of this it is created order header adjustment
> that
> > compensates order item sales tax adjustments. This was introduced in
> > OFBIZ-461. The reason was that it was not possible to remove
> > OrderAdjustment if one part of the adjustment is already
> > invoiced(OrderAdjustmentBilling is present).
>

> Instead of creating these balancing adjustments wouldn't it be ok to
> just
> update the OrderAdjustment with the new tax amount?

I was wandering if it is not better to exclude all adjustments(tax,
promotional) of fully canceled order items, from all order amount
calculation methods (getOrderSubTotal, getOrderTotal, ...). This way the
canceled items will be present in the order, only to keep history of
order changes, and they will not be taken into account in all order
amount calculations.

In this case there would not be necessary to create any balancing
adjustments at all.

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

Re: Problem with tax recalculation after order item cancellation

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
yes, I agree: we cannot cancel items that have been invoiced.

Jacopo

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
ugh that looks so wrong, it should be marked as completed, the line total
shouldn't say zero, the adjustments should be updated and
remaining/outstanding quantities shouldn't say -5.

Posted by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com>.
Thanks Scott,