Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Milks <ja...@videotron.ca> on 2005/01/18 01:17:20 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.24, Classloader problems

Hi all,
Having a weird problem that is driving me nuts.

In the past week, every time I update a supporting class (Not a servlet
or JSP) and refresh my page, I get all kinds of null pointer exceptions
and must log out and back into my application or restart Tomcat. This is
a pain in development. FYI - I do have the app set to reload=true.

I looked into the stdout.log file and noticed the following messages:
TimeOut
WebAppClassLoader:Lifecycle Error: CL Stopped.
Sometimes it appears several dozen times in a row, almost like some sort
of loop is causing the output. A quick restart and everything is ok
again...for a while anyway.

I've not seen this before with Tomcat 4 or 5.

Any help appreciated.

JW