Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> on 2007/03/05 09:19:56 UTC

[vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Hi,

I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006, and as well
as a steady stream of bug reports and patches, he is busy answering
questions on the users list and engaging in discussions on the dev list.

He's been lively at recent GetTogethers, and he is also showing a
willingness to contribute to the value of the community by talking at
Apachecon Europe this year.

Please cast your votes.

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Sourcesense: http://www.sourcesense.com/

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi,

On 5 Mar 2007, at 08:19, Andrew Savory wrote:

> Please cast your votes.

My +1, of course ;-)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 3/5/07, Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> wrote:

> ...I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer...

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Andrew Savory escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
+1

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
> Please cast your votes.

+1

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 05.03.2007 09:19, Andrew Savory wrote:

> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1, welcome.

Jörg

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Andrew Savory napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006, and as well
> as a steady stream of bug reports and patches, he is busy answering
> questions on the users list and engaging in discussions on the dev list.
>
> He's been lively at recent GetTogethers, and he is also showing a
> willingness to contribute to the value of the community by talking at
> Apachecon Europe this year.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+100

(100 factor for the activity on users list)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

Jorg

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006, and as well
> as a steady stream of bug reports and patches, he is busy answering
> questions on the users list and engaging in discussions on the dev list.
>
> He's been lively at recent GetTogethers, and he is also showing a
> willingness to contribute to the value of the community by talking at
> Apachecon Europe this year.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
On Mar 5, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Andrew Savory wrote:

> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Blog: http://agylen.com/

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On 3/5/07, Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Sourcesense, making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 3/5/07, Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

--
Peter Hunsberger

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Andrew Savory <andrew <at> luminas.co.uk> writes:

> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006

Wondering about this short time I had a look into the archives. And so, just for
the records: Jeroen has been active quite regularly since November 2003:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=106863447300003&r=1&w=4 (Nov 2003 - Apr 2004)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=108205418400003&r=3&w=4 (Apr 2004, Aug 2004 -
Mar 2007)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=109490405700002&r=5&w=4 (Sep 2004, Sep 2005 -
Mar 2007)

Jörg

Re: [vote result] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ross McDonald <ro...@vnu.co.uk>.
Hi guys,

congratulations Jeroen, just wanted to add that as I am in my notice
period and just handing over knowledge on topics at work, happy to
collaborate with you both to help with any doc stuff you want me to
do :-)  Yeah, I'm that bored!
Chatted earlier today with Jeroen on some docs ideas...

PS  VNU are looking to recruit an experienced Cocoon developer to
work full-time in London, job spec to follow shortly... I am moving
on to a new company, and taking Cocoon with me there :-)

regards,

Ross

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Jeroen Reijn napisał(a):
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I finally found some time last night to write my introduction. I've been around europe lately, so I was in and out of the office.
>> I was extremely surprised by Andrews nomination (thanks Andrew) and by all the trust I got back from all comitters.
>>
> Congratulations again and welcome! :)

Thanks! :-)

>> At the end of 2003 I tried to help out on the userlist a bit with the little knowledge I had about Cocoon. (Thanks for spotting that Joerg!) In the meantime I've worked with a lot of Cocoon blocks and I'm really looking forward to working with Cocoon 2.2. Over the years I also noticed that Cocoon needs so much more documentation, so that will be one of my focus points. Cocoon 2.2 is going to be the next big thing, so I will try to help out with that as well.
>>
> You have now ally in fight with bad, lacking, obscure documentation.
> Just after finishing forms and ajax refactorings I'm going to describe
> servlet service, and write detailed tutorial explaining how to build
> something more than a "Hello world".
> I hope you can offer something even better. ;-)

I do hope so too!

Jeroen

Re: [vote result] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi all,

I finally found some time last night to write my introduction. I've been around europe lately, so I was in and out of the office.
I was extremely surprised by Andrews nomination (thanks Andrew) and by all the trust I got back from all comitters.

Some information about myself:

I'm 27 years old an live in Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
In 2003 I got my Bachelors degree in Computer Science and started working at Hippo a month later. While working at Hippo I got in touch with Cocoon 2.1.3 (I think) and before the end of 2003 I had written my first Cocoon webapplication.

At the end of 2003 I tried to help out on the userlist a bit with the little knowledge I had about Cocoon. (Thanks for spotting that Joerg!) In the meantime I've worked with a lot of Cocoon blocks and I'm really looking forward to working with Cocoon 2.2. Over the years I also noticed that Cocoon needs so much more documentation, so that will be one of my focus points. Cocoon 2.2 is going to be the next big thing, so I will try to help out with that as well.

Some of you I might have met at one or more GT's (I've attended 2003-2006) or at the ApacheCon last year in Dublin. I will also be presenting a talk together with Jasha (my collegeau) about Basic Webapplication development with Cocoon at the upcoming ApacheCon EU in Amsterdam. For those of you who will be there I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Andrew Savory skrev:
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
+1

/Daniel

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1

Vadim

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Andrew Savory wrote:

> Please cast your votes.

+1

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006, and as well as
> a steady stream of bug reports and patches, he is busy answering
> questions on the users list and engaging in discussions on the dev list.
>
> He's been lively at recent GetTogethers, and he is also showing a
> willingness to contribute to the value of the community by talking at
> Apachecon Europe this year.
>
> Please cast your votes.
+1, welcome!

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:

> Please cast your votes.

+1

-David

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 05 March 2007 16:19, Andrew Savory wrote:

> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1. Welcome!

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.
>
> Jeroen has been active on the lists since September 2006, and as well as
> a steady stream of bug reports and patches, he is busy answering
> questions on the users list and engaging in discussions on the dev list.
>
> He's been lively at recent GetTogethers, and he is also showing a
> willingness to contribute to the value of the community by talking at
> Apachecon Europe this year.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Andrew Savory said the following on 5/3/07 09:19:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

+1

Bye, Helma

Re: [vote] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Max Pfingsthorn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose Jeroen Reijn as a Cocoon committer.

Definitely +1!

Bye,
max