Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Pfrimmer <np...@opentext.com> on 2001/10/03 15:23:05 UTC

Using mod_jk with Apache-Tomcat

I don't think my Apache-Tomcat connection is working.

If I add the line:
Include "d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\conf\tomcat.conf"

to the Apache/conf/httpd.conf file (as directed by the documentation), and
then try to start the Apache server I get an error pop-up box:

"Microsoft Management Console - Could not start the Apache service on Local
Computer.  The service did not return an error.  This could be an internal
Windows error or an internal service error.  If the problem persists,
contact your system administrator."

Platform:
Windows 2000
Apache 1.3
Tomcat 3.2.3

Nathan Pfrimmer
Co-op Student
Professional Services, Central Europe
Open Text Corporation
Munich, Germany

Re: Using mod_jk with Apache-Tomcat

Posted by RahulKrishna Gupta <rk...@operamail.com>.
Nathan Pfrimmer wrote:

>I don't think my Apache-Tomcat connection is working.
>
>If I add the line:
>Include "d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\conf\tomcat.conf"
>
>to the Apache/conf/httpd.conf file (as directed by the documentation), and
>then try to start the Apache server I get an error pop-up box:
>
>"Microsoft Management Console - Could not start the Apache service on Local
>Computer.  The service did not return an error.  This could be an internal
>Windows error or an internal service error.  If the problem persists,
>contact your system administrator."
>
>Platform:
>Windows 2000
>Apache 1.3
>Tomcat 3.2.3
>
>Nathan Pfrimmer
>Co-op Student
>Professional Services, Central Europe
>Open Text Corporation
>Munich, Germany

You will have to start Tomcat before starting Apache. Did you do that?

-RKG

-- http 405, can not execute servlet

Posted by Sam <is...@ms45.hinet.net>.
Hi everybody

I can execute Servlet Exaxmple follow the command,
http://localhost:8080/servlet/SnoopServlet

I try to make a html file
<FORM ACTION="/servlet/SnoopServlet" METHOD="post">
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="submit">
</FORM>

The Server can not accept the request.
REPLY: (405 Server does not support requested method)

However after I RELOAD the page, it is work well.
Why?? why RELOAD is necessary.

--Sam

RE: ## What is the different of keystore and keypass!?

Posted by pero <pe...@antaramusic.de>.
keypass is the passwort that protects entries in the keystore. for a
"normal" tomcat ca this would be "changeit"

Posted by Sam <is...@ms45.hinet.net>.
Hi all,

Question : Jk_Mount + Tomcat + Apache ( Newbie )

Posted by Adam Ng <ad...@lycos-asia.com>.
  I have a few problems.

1.) I have installed tomcat 3.x + apahce + php + perl. I have also installed
tomcat4.

    I want my topage look like this.    ---  http://test.abc.com/index.html
actually, the index.html is a java script normal naming convention would be
index.jsp.

   In tomcat 4, everything okay not much configuration need to be done.

   Add an

        <Host name="test.abc.com" >
           <Context path="" docBase="/var/abc" debug="0" reloadable="true"
/>
        </Host>

   In order to run .jsp as .html, we edit the coresponding web.xml to
include

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

    This also works okay.  BUT, http://test.abc.com/test.pl    I can't get
this to work, the .pl file just does not get executed. The web server
treated it as a .txt file.

2.)  Then, tomcat 3.x + apache + +  +  mod_jk module would be able to
resolve this problem BUT,

 i)  I can't run the index.html   as http://test.abc.com/index.html
because according to what i have tested out. We need to use

JkMount /abcroot/ ajp12://localhost:8007/abcroot  to connect to Tomcat ( I
could be wrong )

Then, I will only able to use http://test.abc.com/abcroot/index.html

Am I really confused now?  Then, I try rewrite_module and well, anywhere,
not sucessfully. Can anyone give some details of how this @##$#%  thing
work?
Please show me how server.xml and mod_jk.conf needed to be configure ( since
mod_jk.conf is auto  generated, I rename it and include it in httpd.conf,
that one i know). Your help is my only hope < haha ... >

@_@

Thanks.

--- snippet  mod_jk.conf

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so

AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

JkWorkersFile
/usr/www/httpd.tcn/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile  /usr/www/httpd.tcn/apache/logs/jk.log
JkLogLevel warn
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /servlet/* ajp12
#JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /examples/*.html ajp12
JkMount /examples/* ajp12

</IfModule>

<VirtualHost 211.20.186.165:86>
        ServerAdmin adamng@lycos-asia.com
        DocumentRoot /var/abc
        ServerName test.abc.com
        ErrorLog logs/abc.error.log
        CustomLog logs/abc.access.log common
JkMount /*.html ajp12
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /* ajp12
JkMount /abcroot/ ajp12://localhost:8007/abcroot
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/$ /abcroot$1 [R]

Adam Ng, Chin Poh

LycosAsia Ltd.
No, 33 Jalan Afifi,
#06-01/02/03 Eng Yick Building, S 409180.
Singapore 408600

H/P : 65 97361024
O/P : 65 3950181
ICQ : 74352209
Fax : 65 7452890

Visit us at: <http://www.lycosasia.com.sg>
Sign up for a free Lycos Asia cOntact account.
Get 20MB for email and filestore.
Organise your communications with family and friends.
Get in cOntact now ! <http://contact.lycosasia.com>

Re: Using mod_jk with Apache-Tomcat

Posted by "Jacob FanChiang (范姜)" <ja...@cht.com.tw>.
Don't use the "include".
Add these in the end of httpd.conf

  LoadModule jk_module          lib/modules/mod_jk.so
  AddModule mod_jk.c
  <IfModule mod_jk.c>
  JkWorkersFile /disk1/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
  JkLogFile /disk1/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log
  JkLogLevel error
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
  <Location "/WEB-INF/">
      AllowOverride None
      deny from all
  </Location>
  <Directory "/disk1/apache/htdocs/WEB-INF/">
      AllowOverride None
      deny from all
  </Directory>
  </IfModule>

And modify the workers.properties three lines.

  workers.tomcat_home=/opt/tomcat
  workers.java_home=/opt/java1.2
  ps=/ (\ for windows)

change the path for yours.

Jacob FanChiang

Assoiciate Researcher
Customer Care and Billing System Dept.
Telecommunication Laboratories
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd.
Tel: +886 2 3707 1098
Fax +886 2 2325 5844
Email: jacob@cht.com.tw

Posted by Nathan Pfrimmer <np...@opentext.com>.
Actually, I've tried forward slashes...
The line is actually:

Include "d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\conf\mod_jk.conf-auto"

I've also tried:
Include "d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\conf\mod_jk.conf"

It doesn't fix the Apache service start problem, both with forward, and
backward slashes.  I've also tried it without the quotation marks.

Nathan

try changing the path to use forward slashes like
D:/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/conf/tomcat.conf

-Brian

Posted by Brian Richards <nc...@pobox.com>.