Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kamal <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/11 08:45:07 UTC

Re: Ambiguous entry in docs

A consumer can read data from multiple topics. The above line describes the
usage of
topic regex in which an existing consumer can read data from newly (yet-to)
created topics.
For more details, see

https://kafka.apache.org/0100/javadoc/org/apache/kafka/clients/consumer/KafkaConsumer.html#subscribe(java.util.regex.Pattern,%20org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.ConsumerRebalanceListener)