Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2001/11/02 13:51:06 UTC

docbook, fo and cocoon2

Hi,

I have copied your settings and stylesheets that you use in Avalon to
generate the documentation (especially the PDF part). Thanks very much for
that ! I have it working except for generating tables in PDF. Unfortunately,
there are no tables in the "developing with avalon" XML source so I cannot
copy a working example ... :)

The generating in HTML works fine (i.e. docbook2body.xsl). However the
generation to PDF does not print anything (docbook2fo.xsl) ... Have you had
any success with this ?

Also, is there a cocoon flag to turn on so that I can see the intermediate
generated files (like the xml file resulting from the docbook2fo.xsl
transformation) ? I know this is a cocoon question but you may have used it

Here is my table definition :

        <tgroup cols="2">
          <colspec colname="c1"/>
          <colspec colname="c2"/>
          <tbody>
            <row>
              <entry>xxx</entry>
              <entry>xxx</entry>
            </row>
          </tbody>
        </tgroup>
     </ltable>

Thanks for any help
-Vincent

Note: At some point we will need to create a jakarta project that would
contain all the docbook stylesheets for the Jakarta style ...

Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

> > I had come to that conclusion after reading a bit more on the fop web
site.
> > I have modified the stylesheet to automatically include fo:block. I
still
> > have a problem with specifying column width using 'number*' format (it
works
> > with '200pt', i.e. fixed size). It seems the stylesheet does not work
for
> > proprtional values.
>
> The stylesheet is supposed to be able to convert from DocBook's notion of
> widths to FO.  In fact, the conversion XSL came from the XSL:FO spec.  Use
> the '*' notation for proportional widths.  I.e. for one column to be 1/3
> the width and the other column to be 2/3 the total width, you would use
this:

> <column width="*"/>
> <column width="2*"/>
>
> The stylesheet will take care of the rest.

yes, I agree but what I was saying is that it doesn't seem to work ... some
recursive error happens ... Have you tried it ?

> > Also, do you know if fop supports <simple-link> (what <ulink> is
transformed
> > into). Fop gives the following error :
> >
> >      [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): Unknown formatting object
> > http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^simple-link

??

Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.