Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/04/01 19:24:59 UTC

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC0

Rohini, is it OK if this goes into the next release. It doesn't look like
TEZ-1003 is going to get fixed in a hurry. For a similar use case, Hive has
it's own Input which takes care of this. Pig could do the same temporarily.
Fixing this properly in Tez requires more effort - since it can take
advantage of the underlying structures instead of just merging already
merged Inputs.

Sebb, Marving / anyone else - any idea of the top of your head on how this
can be achieved via the maven-jar plugin. Have tried several things without
much success, will look more - but if anyone happens to know, will be very
useful.

Thanks
- Sid

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
No problem. Fine with it going into the next release.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sebb, Marving / anyone else - any idea of the top of your head on how this
> can be achieved via the maven-jar plugin. Have tried several things without
> much success, will look more - but if anyone happens to know, will be very
> useful.

I'm not a Maven expert, but performing a web search for `maven-jar
license notice` yielded some results which look promising.  For
instance this one:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-103

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.