Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/08/16 14:31:44 UTC

board report due?

Aren't we supposed to do a board report for August 18?

If so, has anyone started one yet (I think Sylvain once sent something)?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: board report due?

Posted by Dale Christ <gr...@gmail.com>.
All--

Yep.  I need to vote as well.  I'll have to do that when I get home
this evening after work.  I've been crazy/busy here the past month
with my project - it goes beta at the beginning of September.

My wife and I have a baby on the way, too, so i've been busy at home also :)

--Dale

Re: board report due?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 17:48, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> >>Tonight 23:59!
> >

> > Oh, I guess we are in a hurry then or we have to wait for the next
> > meeting :) Fine with me.
> >

> I reckon we *should not* wait for the next meeting!

Yes, yes.

I would accept. Otherwise we won't get out the mail to board@a.o :)

> If you accept, let me be the first one to
> congratulate you ;-).

No reason to congratulate. Someone has to do it and it won't be fun all
the time I fear.

> > BTW: The request should be sent to board@apache.org as said in and not
> > to infrastructure@a.o
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Escalation
> >
> > or not?
> >

> Yes, the proposal has to be presented to the board! The infrastructure
> will get envolved a wee bit later on. Hopefully ;-)

Ok.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: board report due?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 17:04, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>>But the chair isn't voted yet and the 18th is near. Or when do we need
>>>to send the recommendation?
>>>

>>Tonight 23:59!
>

> Oh, I guess we are in a hurry then or we have to wait for the next
> meeting :) Fine with me.

I reckon we *should not* wait for the next meeting!

>>Please search your eMail archive for the reason (Re: Roadmap for Apache
>>Lenya TLP - 26/07/04 14:57 - Thorsten Scherler)!
>

> Got it, thanks.
>

>>Due for voting 23:30!
>>You and Andreas still have to state whether you will accept the vote or not!
>>
>>If we have two canidates (tie) we will send the recommendation with
>>those two canidates. Then it is up to the board to elect one of them!
>

> I guess this was a joke.

Not really that is the normal process! ...but since Andreas declined as
well you are the choosen one ;-).

Do you accept or decline? If you accept, let me be the first one to
congratulate you ;-).

Re: board report due?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 17:50, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>>>Tonight 23:59!
>>
>>Oh, I guess we are in a hurry then or we have to wait for the next
>>meeting :) Fine with me.
>

> The next meeting is on 22.09.2004
> (http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html)

...and?

We are waiting to come out the incuabtor for so long now! What are you
reasons to wait?

thorsten

Re: board report due?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: board report due?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: board report due?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> But the chair isn't voted yet and the 18th is near. Or when do we need
> to send the recommendation?

Tonight 23:59!

Re: board report due?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 16:27, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> I do not know but I reckon the new voted PMC chair *should do* that!
> That I saw in other projects and that is part of the job as PMC Chair!

Ok, why not.

Re: board report due?

Posted by Dale Christ <gr...@gmail.com>.
All--

Re: board report due?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.

Re: board report due?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: board report due?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Aren't we supposed to do a board report for August 18?
>
> If so, has anyone started one yet (I think Sylvain once sent something)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michi

We still have to enhance {$COCOON_LENYA}/charter.txt! Thanks Gregor for
starting that!

Till now only 4 committer cast their votes for the PMC Chair! I would
like that more committer will cast their vote!

Then we have to combine the two and send the recommendation for TLP!

King regards
thorsten

P.S.: We *should* have send the proposal by 23:59 tonight!