Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 10:27:03 UTC

ADS + Mavibot profiling results

Hi,

I ran some profiling on the AddPerfT with Mavibot, and found some
interesting results.

We spend 44% of processing time in index add() method, 33% in  the
updateRdnIdx() method, and 13% in the MasterTable.put() method.

While serializing the values, we create more than 1 million
ObjectOutputStream, which represents 18% of the spent time. This is
huge. I wonder if we can't use a better way to serialize elements, which
will result in way better performances.

More to come...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ADS + Mavibot profiling results

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran some profiling on the AddPerfT with Mavibot, and found some
> interesting results.
>
> We spend 44% of processing time in index add() method, 33% in  the
> updateRdnIdx() method, and 13% in the MasterTable.put() method.
>
> While serializing the values, we create more than 1 million
> ObjectOutputStream, which represents 18% of the spent time. This is
> huge. I wonder if we can't use a better way to serialize elements, which
> will result in way better performances.
>
> the current mavibot based partition is still experimental (though it
works!), and we definitely
need to improve these parts
thanks for providing the profiling results

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com