Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by tomee_user2015 <ta...@citi.com> on 2015/09/22 20:34:07 UTC

Tomee connection issue to Tibco EMS provider

IBM WAS is using tcp connection to connect EMS provider i.e
tcp://abc-dev5555.xyz.pqr.net:5555 and it is able to connect successfully.

However for the same setting in tomee.xml I am not able to connect to the
EMS provider.

<Resource id="ems" type="GenericJMSRA"
provider="com.sun.genericra.GenericJMSRA:genericra">
                  UserName abc
                  Password user
                  ProviderIntegrationMode jndi

XAConnectionFactoryClassName=com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsXAConnectionFactory

XAQueueConnectionFactoryClassName=com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsXAQueueConnectionFactory

XATopicConnectionFactoryClassName=com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsXATopicConnectionFactory
                  TopicClassName=com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsTopic
                  QueueClassName=com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsQueue
                  JndiProperties
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.tibco.tibjms.naming,java.naming.factory.initial=com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory,java.naming.provider.url=tcp://abc-dev5555.xyz.pqr.net:5555,
com.tibco.tibjms.naming.security_protocol=tcp,
com.tibco.tibjms.ssl.auth_only=false,java.naming.security.principal=abc
,java.naming.security.credentials=user
                  LogLevel severe
  </Resource>
The URL is same, But it is using SSL (Tomee.xml holds tcp:// URL, Ref
snippet) URL i.e ssl://abc-dev5555.xyz.pqr.net:5555 for connection when the
application is started using Tomee.

We are using following tibco jars and generic jar to connect:

jms, tibcrypt, tibemsd_sec, tibjms, tibjmsadmin, tibjmsapps, tibjmsufo,
tibrvjms, genericra

Re: Tomee connection issue to Tibco EMS provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm,

not an expert of this config but think the jndi properties can be somehow
not the expected ones. I see the factory handling tibjmsnaming://.... and
ssl, not sure about tcp.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by tomee_user2015 <ta...@citi.com>.
Thanks Romain..

Tibjms version : 5.1.0

Re: Tomee connection issue to Tibco EMS provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

which version of TibjmsInitialContextFactory do you use? old versions used
com.tibco.tibjms.naming.security_protocol as a simple flag to activate ssl
only (ie if there ssl was on)

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>