Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Albrecht, Matt" <ma...@zilliant.com> on 2003/09/30 22:05:52 UTC

UnitTest class path

I'm quite a noob still at Maven, so bare with me if this is a common
question.

I'm tyring to setup my build such that the unit tests have a separate set of
dependencies from the core.  This is because in my unit tests I'm not really
concerned about library "purity", while with the main code I want to keep
the set of dependencies as clean as possible.

Looking at the "test" plugin in CVS, it looks like the classpath is rather
constrained:
        <classpath>
          <pathelement path="${maven.test.dest}"/>
          <pathelement path="${maven.build.dest}"/>
          <path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
          <pathelement path="${plugin.getDependencyPath('junit')}"/>
        </classpath>

So what are my options here?  Do I create my own test plugin (ugh), create a
<preGoal> that modifies the maven.dependency.classpath (looks difficult to
do correctly), or just eyeball the main classes to ensure the purity?

Oooh, oooh.  Looks like a chance to say "wouldn't it be cool?" if...
        <unitTest>
           <dependencies>

Thanks for any help.

-Matt
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who think in binary, and
those who don't.

Re: UnitTest class path

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 21:05, Albrecht, Matt wrote:
> So what are my options here?  Do I create my own test plugin (ugh), create
> a <preGoal> that modifies the maven.dependency.classpath (looks difficult
> to do correctly), or just eyeball the main classes to ensure the purity?

Put your test dependencies in with your build dependencies ... and I know it
will feel horrible

> Oooh, oooh.  Looks like a chance to say "wouldn't it be cool?" if...
>         <unitTest>
>            <dependencies>

It would be nice :-) ... and I registered it as a requirement in JIRA a while
back (http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-806)   :-)

--
Andy