Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Martin Serrano <ma...@attivio.com> on 2016/05/31 14:58:32 UTC

how is the data directory prefix determined?

Hello,

I'm trying to automate a cluster install.  Ambari gets installed and the
server comes up fine.  But the data directories that are defaulted are
all prefixed with '/dev/console'.  And at times I see '/dev/tty1', etc.
Where does this prefix setting come from?  How can I change it?
I saw that there was a 'recommendations' REST API at some point,
but it is now gone.

This is preventing the cluster from starting services since this is not a real directory.

My environment:
  CentOS 6 running within LXC.
  Ambari 2.2

Thanks,
Martin Serrano

Re: how is the data directory prefix determined?

Posted by Martin Serrano <ma...@attivio.com>.
Alejandro,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using Ambari-2.2.2.0 and HDP 2.4.2.0.  My mount points for the host
running the ambari-server are:

[root@foo-0 /]# df -h
rootfs                 50G   23G   28G  45% /
/dev/mapper/centos-root
                       50G   23G   28G  45% /
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/full
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/null
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/random
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/tty
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/urandom
devtmpfs               16G  4.0K   16G   1% /dev/zero
tmpfs                  16G     0   16G   0% /dev/shm

-Martin

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Martin,