Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ruth Butlin <ru...@post.queensu.ca> on 2002/10/18 17:14:52 UTC

Oracle R2 and msg resource not found

I'm using struts 1.1-b2 and Oracle container OC4J in Release 2, and can
successfully deploy the sample application but not our own. We have added
our own tag library and use the Oracle JDBC driver, all is well in the
Oracle JDeveloper environment but as soon as I deploy the app to the OC4J
container I get the "Error 500 - message resource
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

I see a lot of workarounds posted about Orion which Oracle bought for their
app server, has anyone had configuration challenges deploying struts apps
to Release 2 of Oracle OC4J? The sample app works, but of course doesn't
use our tag library or the Oracle JDBC driver so the deployment settings
must have to be a certain way that I'm not setting, any tips would be
appreciated.

Ruth

RE: Oracle R2 and msg resource not found

Posted by Chris Sargent <cs...@aerisinc.com>.
Our project is using Struts 1.1b2 and OC4J 9.02.  We have not had any
problems in Jdeveloper or with deployment to OC4J.  Are you sure the
struts (and common) jar files are in your app's classpath?  We configure
ours with library entries to orion-application.xml.

HTH

Chris

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>