Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Trevor Adams <tr...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 22:30:36 UTC

Upgrade from 1.3.5 to 1.4?

Hey,

I was just wondering what the procedure is for upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4. I
know there is JIRA for creating a script to do the upgrade but if someone
wanted to give it a whirl with a large set of data?

Is it as simple as setting the dfs.local.dir to the one used by 1.3 and
start 1.4? (I doubt it but hey, why not)

-Trevor

Re: Upgrade from 1.3.5 to 1.4?

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.
Hi Trevor,

The Accumulo 1.3.x to Accumulo 1.4.x upgrade is as simple as shutting down
the 1.3 instance, copying the 1.3 configuration into a 1.4 distribution,
and then starting the 1.4 instance. We've tested this upgrade mechanism a
fair bit, but we will probably do some more testing before releasing 1.4.
One caveat is that you cannot safely go back to 1.3 after you've run with
1.4 code on the same instance.

Cheers,
Adam