Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ph...@WellsFargo.COM on 2001/12/12 22:02:16 UTC

Hosting 2 sites from 1 instance

I want to serve 2 separate web sites from apache

site 1 is in => /app1
site 2 is in => /app2

I want the user to access the sites by typing http://computername/app1 or
app2

I tried the Virtual host directive but I was unable to figure out how to do
it..

Thanks in advance..
-PJ
Phillip J. Crump
Wells Fargo Services Company
Strategic Mid Range Systems
612.667.0445

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are strictly those of the
author. The contents of this e-mail  have not been reviewed or approved by
Wells Fargo

RE: Hosting 2 sites from 1 instance

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Phillip.J.Crump@WellsFargo.COM

> I want to serve 2 separate web sites from apache
>
> site 1 is in => /app1
> site 2 is in => /app2
>
> I want the user to access the sites by typing http://computername/app1 or
> app2
>
> I tried the Virtual host directive but I was unable to figure out
> how to do

Virtual hosts are only for when you want different hostnames to map to
different directories.  It seems you just want different URL-paths to map to
different directories.  That is easy:

Alias /app1 /full/unix/path/to/app1
Alias /app2 /full/unix/path/to/app2

You will probably also want <directory> sections for each of those
/full/unix/paths to set the proper access control and options.

Joshua.