Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Freeman, Michael" <Mi...@sabre-holdings.com> on 2004/06/08 11:19:09 UTC

RMI and binding to a specific port

Hi
  This is not really an important question as I doubt many people run into this problem.

To my understanding the rmi registry needs to have several Jar's in the system classpath for Jmeter to work. If there is a RMI registry already running you have to stop it add the new classpath and restart.

My problem is that I'm using several servers to run the load testing. There are other users on the servers and I don't want to have to turn off the rmiregistry in case they are running there own remote objects.

You can of course start up another registry on a different port.

Jmeter to my understanding looks on the default port and thus try's to bind to it. The classpath may not include the required   Jars and therefore will not work.

I use the following code for other remote applications.

Registry reg = LocateRegistry.getRegistry(Your port number);
reg.rebind("JmeterName",object);

This binds to the rmiregistry that was run with the necessary classpath.

Does Jmeter support this this type of behavior?
Should I have posted this on the developers list?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Michael