Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com> on 2020/08/24 20:30:52 UTC

What to do of go runtime and the proxy?

In the Go runtime it was mentioned in a comment that versions of go before 1.15 are unsafe.
What is exactly the problem? Should we then drop runtimes for go from 1.11 to 1.14?
Whar about the proxies for other languages? They are built with older versions of Go, should we change all tbe runtimes that uses the go proxy to build with go 1.15?
--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Re: What to do of go runtime and the proxy?

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 to Dave's opinion.

And thank you Mike for all your efforts.

-dom

2020년 8월 25일 (화) 오후 10:55, David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>님이 작성:

Posted by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com>.
Avoid 1.14 for productions/releases (skip to 1.15) is what I would advise
based upon feedback from our container runtime experts...

Posted specifics in the PR which I assume prompted this post...
https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-runtime-go/pull/128

In 1.15, the put retries (loops) and other safety measure within the lower
level system libs. to correct for most of the exposures.

-mr