Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 19:16:26 UTC

swf-version issue

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala
<bi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> get
>> and was
>>
>> Should be possible, if you are on OSX there are scripts in the ide
>> directory that can do this for you. Please raise a JIRA issue for this.
>>
>> When a new AIR/FP version comes out it would be better if you could just
>> update an existing SDK rather than end up with dozen of SDKs
>>
>> > I prefer it this way as well.  The swf-version would be different for
>> > different combinations of runtimes.
>> Can be different, it's possible  be on 11.8 FP but be on any version of
>> AIR (not sure why you woudl do this but it possible). The currently
>> installer takes this into account when selected FP/AIR versions.
>>

>  From my testing, it seems like the air-config.xml needs to have a
> swf-version that matches that of flex-config.xml.  If it doesnt match, you
> will see an Error 305 [1]:
>
>  305
>
> Initial window content SWF version exceeds namespace version
>
> The SWF version of the file referenced in the <content> element of the
> application descriptor is not supported by the version of AIR specified in
> the descriptor namespace. For example, attempting to package a SWF10 (Flash
> Player 10) file as the initial content of an AIR 1.1 application will
> generate this error.
>

> [1]
> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSBE9908A0-8E3A-4329-8ABD-12F2A19AB5E9.html

Justin,

I would like to know how you want to address this issue.  I have seen this
Error 305 when I selected AIR 2.6 with FP 11.7.  Should we tie AIR 2.6 with
FP 10.2 so that folks dont run into this issue?

Thanks,
Om

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Maybe you can create the Linux version also?
Done.

Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Maybe you can create the Linux version also?
Give me a couple of hours and I can.

Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can create the Linux version also?

I just uploaded the Windows RC2 binaries.

Thanks,
Om

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just uploading a RC2 OSX one.

Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Great!  Ready for a new RC?

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Done, tested and checked in.

Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think that the best option would be to tie the AIR and FP versions based
> on the common swf-version.
Certainly the easy solution. I should be able to sort that today.

Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Took another look and think I have something that should work. For the AIR
> config files it work out the corresponding Flash Version version and used
> that version and swf version.
>
> There may be an issue with this in that it would also need to download 2
> player global swfs?

That might work, but it will cause unexpected behavior for the user isnt
it?  If I have a library project that is shared between a web app and
AIR/mobile app, what swf version that would use?

Re: swf-version issue

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

As far as I can see the code is correct.

It loops around each config file:
for each (var file:File in configFiles)

And updates the swf version:
var swfVersion:RegExp = /<swf-version>\d\d<\/swf-version>/;
contents = contents.replace(swfVersion, "<swf-version>" + FLASH_PLAYER_SWF_VERSION + "<\/swf-version>");

The player version is set like so based on the flash player version and info in teh config file.
FLASH_PLAYER_SWF_VERSION = files.(@name == 'FlashPlayer' + FLASH_PLAYER_VERSION).@swfversion.toString();

Any ideas why this might not be working?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Can you fix it in the Installer as well, please?

I should have some time later today and will take a look. May be a little painful as instead of just copying the file we need to read in the contents, modify it, and write it out again.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> HI,
>
> > I was thinking that perhaps we could have a different swf-version in
> > air-config.xml and flex-version.xml
> Ahhhh I see the issue. Yes the current .sh script update the version of
> swf in all 3 config files, the installer should do the same.
>
> Justin

Can you fix it in the Installer as well, please?

I have pushed a bunch of changes to the Installer.  If you can make this
change, we can push a new RC for the Installer as well.

Thanks,
Om

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I would like to know how you want to address this issue.  I have seen
> this
> > Error 305 when I selected AIR 2.6 with FP 11.7.  Should we tie AIR 2.6
> with
> > FP 10.2 so that folks dont run into this issue?
>
> Tie the values together seems like the best way, are you 100% sure that it
> is an issue for all pairs of FP/AIR? Means for example you can't use the
> latest FP on LInux when using AIR.
>
> Justin

I was thinking that perhaps we could have a different swf-version in
air-config.xml and flex-version.xml

When running mxmlc during compilation of the swf for the AIR app, the
air-config.xml seems to be loaded.

This way, we could perhaps use different combinations of FP/AIR versions.

Om

Re: swf-version issue

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,