Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2004/03/26 16:45:40 UTC

Autodesk accessing Web Folder to Slide problem

Does anyone on the list have any experience with trying to get a
Non-WebDAV application like older AutoCadd versions to be able to open
files stored in Slide via a Web Folder on Windows 2k/XP?

I know that other non webdav capable applications like notepad don't
have any trouble opening files in web folders.  I am guessing that it
has to do with trying to open a temporary file for the edits in the same
path.

I will also try to use WebDrive to mount the Slide path as a drive to
see if that works any better.

I am also looking to see if there is a work around on the AutoDesk
forums or support and I will report back here when/if I find something.

Michael Oliver

CTO

Matrix Intermedia Inc.

7391 S. Bullrider Ave.

Tucson, AZ 85747

Phone:(520)574-1150

Fax:(520)844-1036

RE: Autodesk accessing Web Folder to Slide problem

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
I am pleased to report that WebDrive does solve the problem and I can
open Autocadd drawings with older versions of Autodesk (3.3
specifically) with no problem...Hooray!

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc