Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org> on 2004/01/14 12:53:39 UTC

XSP DTD

Hi, where can I find XSP and ESQL DTDs? I cannot find'em in the cocoon
distribution.

Thanks,
Gianlica

Re: XSP DTD

Posted by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org>.
Il gio, 2004-01-15 alle 13:11, Luca Morandini ha scritto:
> Beside being used to ease the writing of XML documents, DTDs and XSDs
> are meant to ensure the correctness of XML documents... not to mention
> their use as design/documentation tools.

I know. Anyway thanks for your explanation. I've been misunderstood.

> Saluti,

Saluti e complimenti per i lavori svolti, gli ho dato un occhiata veloce
:)

> ---------------------------
>       Luca Morandini
>     lmorandini@ieee.org
> http://www.lucamorandini.it
Gianluca Sartori                     ELIS - SIE - Software Development

Via Sandro Sandri, 81                         (tel) +39 06.43.56.03.55
00159 Rome - Italy                            (fax) +39 06.43.56.03.99

Re: XSP DTD

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Gianluca Sartori wrote:

> Well, the only reason to write a DTD is that you can use it with an XML
> editor to have tag completion while developing XSP pages. By the way, do
> you know if there's an Eclipse plugin which implements a tag
> repository/list?

Beside being used to ease the writing of XML documents, DTDs and XSDs
are meant to ensure the correctness of XML documents... not to mention
their use as design/documentation tools.

Talking about Elicpse: I adopted the <oXygen/>
(http://www.oxygenxml.com) plugin and I lived happier afterwards :) ...
you just give him the schema (XSD or DTD) and it suggests elements and
attributes while you type.
Though not OSS, it is reasonably priced.

Saluti,

---------------------------
      Luca Morandini
    lmorandini@ieee.org
http://www.lucamorandini.it

Re: XSP DTD

Posted by Sebastian Klamar <se...@tux.wh17.tu-dresden.de>.
> Well, the only reason to write a DTD is that you can use it with an XML
> editor to have tag completion while developing XSP pages.

<agree/>

> By the way, do you know if there's an Eclipse plugin which implements
> a tag repository/list?

Sorry, I can't be of help bc IDEA is my IDE of choice.

      Sebastian

--
Die letzten Worte...
                        des Soldaten: "Quatsch, das sind unsere Bomber!"

Re: XSP DTD

Posted by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org>.
Well, the only reason to write a DTD is that you can use it with an XML
editor to have tag completion while developing XSP pages. By the way, do
you know if there's an Eclipse plugin which implements a tag
repository/list?

thanks,
Gianluca

Re: XSP DTD

Posted by Sebastian Klamar <se...@tux.wh17.tu-dresden.de>.
Hi Gianluca,

* Gianluca Sartori [2004-01-14 12:53 +0100] wrote:
> Hi, where can I find XSP and ESQL DTDs? I cannot find'em in the cocoon
> distribution.

this issue was already answered 2003-11-28.  I give yout the quote:

----- Forwarded message from Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de> -----
> From: Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>
> Subject: Re: xsp DTDs/schema
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:37:13 +0100
> To: users@cocoon.apache.org
>
> On 28.11.2003 13:00, Roman Hrivik wrote:
> >
> >Anybody know where I can get DTDs or schemas
> >which I can assign for easy edit xsp pages with XMLSpy
>
> No, a DTD or Schema is not availavle for XSP as it can not be very
> restrictive. You can add your own tags almost everywhere you want. The
> most reliable description is probably
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPSyntax. If you can write a
> DTD or Schema of it and provide it to Cocoon we will probably add it to
> CVS. Until now nobody invested the effort to write a DTD or Schema, the
> effect is probably to low because of its looseness.
>
> Joerg
----- End forwarded message -----

      Sebastian

--
Dinge, die man nicht hören will, wenn man operiert wird:
                  »Ruf' mal einer die Putzfrau, wir brauchen einen Mop!«