Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kerim Borchaev <wa...@hotbox.ru> on 2003/11/21 10:07:02 UTC

Transaction is out of date. svn 0.32.1

Hello ,

running script below produces this error:

svn: Transaction is out of date
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: out of date: 'folder0' in transaction '4'

I run it like this:

test.cmd base file:////warkid/temp/test_svn/test/base checkout

---------------------------
call svnadmin create %1
call svn checkout %2 %3
cd %3
mkdir folder
copy nul folder\file.txt
call svn add folder
call svn commit --message ""
svn rename folder folder0
svn commit --message ""
cd folder0
mkdir subfolder
copy nul subfolder\file0.txt
call svn add subfolder
call svn commit --message ""
cd ..
call svn rename folder0 folder1
svn commit --message ""
---------------------------

Best regards,
 Kerim                          mailto:warkid@hotbox.ru

Re: Transaction is out of date. svn 0.32.1

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 15:13, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2003-11-21 13:09:58 -0600, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> > The 'out of date' behavior is not a bug, it's expected.
> >
> > Your last command 'svn rename folder 0 folder1' is actually two
> > operations: the addition of folder1 (with copy history), and the
> > deletion of folder0. But you cannot delete folder0, because
> > folder0's working revision is not HEAD. Read this section in the
> > book, about the limitations of mixed-revision working copies (in a
> > universe of versioned directories)
>
> I have the same problem (but when changing the svn:ignore property).
> IMHO, if the directory has not changed in the repository (even though
> it has a higher revision number), the changes should be accepted. Or
> would there be risks with that?

No, it's definitely an enhancement we'd like to add to svn_fs_merge()
someday.  But at the moment, libsvn_fs doesn't know how to 'merge'
directories.  That means you cannot propset or delete a directory which
is not == HEAD.

Re: Transaction is out of date. svn 0.32.1

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International

Re: Transaction is out of date. svn 0.32.1

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch02s03.html#svn-ch-2-sect-3.4