Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/31 14:17:07 UTC

Merging Woden-211 branch as the trunk.

Hi all ,

Last few days I have fixed some of the issues with Woden-211 branch
[1], i cant see any other issue with it. Now it is possible to  build
the  Woden-211 branch successfully , I think  now it's time to merge
this branch in to the trunk  in order to commit other patches, since
we already agreed to this modification [2] i don't think we need to
call for a vote again.

BTW this modification will result in to the huge changes in SVN trunk
and project layout. So I feel it is better to do this SVN merge by a
senior person.

Any volunteer for this ?

Jeremy , what about your availability for this merge ?

In worst case i can do this merging, if so is there any special thing
that i need to consider ?

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/branches/woden211/
[2] - http://markmail.org/message/m4pxw7o3rygnc3z5#query:woden%20directory%20layout

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: Merging Woden-211 branch as the trunk.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for updating me, I didn't pay much attention about the
interop tests procedure mentioned in the development page. BTW with
WODEN-170 [1] i have already integrated these  interop tests to run
with units tests.When we build woden-ant  module Maven performs
following tasks related to interop tests.

 1.) Download the test-suite.zip from W3C.
 2.) Executes the W3C testsuite and results are compared to W3C baseline.
 3.) Generate validation-results.xml and
validation-results-without-ids.xml files.

I guess only missing step is generation of Interchange.html and
Validation.htm files , i will looking in to this and make necessary
changes to POM file. Once i finish will update you together with
latest interop tests results.

[1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-170

Thanks,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
I don't have any concerns. Thanks for handling these merges and bringing
the code base up-to-date.

Lawrence

From:
Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>
To:
woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
09/08/2009 03:30 PM

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all ,

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeremy ,

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

By look at SVN web access i found that i lost the SVN history after
the  moving process. is it ok or is there any way to move those files
with SVN history ?
First I tried to move with .svn folders then SVN does not show any
changes and hence cant commit, then i add them without history.

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/woden/

Thanks ,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Sagara

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all ,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Sagara,

This merge is a long time coming. If the tests are passing and a sanity
check shows that Woden is working and building go ahead and do the move.
Given the activity level on the project I don't think you're going to
disrupt people's work if something goes wrong. At that point we can jump
in to fix any issues or roll back if necessary.

Lawrence

From:
Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>
To: