Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/03/31 21:30:42 UTC

META imported

Hi all,

I took Henning's maven plugin, called META, for Maven Environment for
Turbine Applications and imported it into CVS, replacing the older maven
plugin.  I kept the inplace development goals however.

Give it a try, as it does everything that the old TDK did, at least
mostly...

Eric

RE: META imported

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Henning,

Welcome back!  Glad to see you are going to be involved again, we definitly
missed you.  Definitly weigh in on Peter C's RequestData (or my favorite
name, PipelineData) as this would be a significant change.

Eric

Re: META imported

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com> writes:

>Hi all,

>I took Henning's maven plugin, called META, for Maven Environment for
>Turbine Applications and imported it into CVS, replacing the older maven
>plugin.  I kept the inplace development goals however.

>Give it a try, as it does everything that the old TDK did, at least
>mostly...

Cool Eric,

thanks a lot. As you may have noticed, I went through quite a long
Apache, Jakarta and Turbine absence and I'm happy and glad to see that
the work on Turbine continued and the 2.4 code really is taking shape.

I will start two new projects (one for profit, one for fame ;-) using
Turbine next week, so expect to see me again on the -dev and -users
list. While I will have to concentrate on the 2.3 code for quite some
time in the future, I will try to help you with the 2.4 code base.

	Regards
		Henning

"Au�erdem k�nnen in Deutschland alle Englisch. [...] so entf�llt die

Re: META imported

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Eric Pugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I took Henning's maven plugin, called META, for Maven Environment for
> Turbine Applications and imported it into CVS, replacing the older maven
> plugin.  I kept the inplace development goals however.
>
> Give it a try, as it does everything that the old TDK did, at least
> mostly...

Very cool, sounds like a good replacement for the TDK.  Maven -- love it or hate
it -- has a lot more steam behind it than the TDK ever did.  Might as well avoid
maintaining some of that code...