Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ramona <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 10:59:42 UTC

What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space? (Problem with tacos4-beta-2-lib and tapestry 4.0.2)

Hi, I'm new to Tapestry.

     I have an web application and I'm using Spring, Hibernate3 and it works
with ajax using tacos4-beta-2-lib. My application uses one page and in this
page many componentes are loaded with tacos. I have one ASO that contains
all.
     My problem is that I looked to jvmstat via visualgc and the
PermGenSpace memory becomes greater almost to each action that I do in the
application. I serch about this problem on the internet and I found out that
in PermGenSpace are store Classes and String.intern.
    So my questions for the moment are:
            What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space?
            Can gc clear the PermGenSpace?
            On logout ?service=restart why PermGenSpace  doesn't been clear?

Please help!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

RE: What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space? (Problem with tacos4-beta-2-lib and tapestry 4.0.2)

Posted by ramona <ro...@gmail.com>.

kristian.marinkovic wrote:

> hi,
>
> the JVM uses the PermGenSpace to store the classes meta-information
> (eg. needed for reflection).  Current JVMs do not support gc of the
> PermGenSpace.
>
> Everytime Tapestry enhances a class (filling the abstract classes and
> methods with life:)) a new class is generated and thus its
> meta-information
> get persisted into the PermGenSpace. This is true for any framework that
> does class enhancements like Hibernate, ...
>
> if your PermGenSpace keeps growing you might have Tapestry caching
> deactivated. This means Tapestry is enhancing the page classes on
> every action thus filling the PermGenSpace.
>
> It is also possible another framework is causing the problem :)
>
> g,
> kris
>

> ramona <ro...@gmail.com>
> 12.04.2007 10:59
> Bitte antworten an
> "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
>

> An
> users@tapestry.apache.org
> Kopie
>
> Thema
> What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space? (Problem with tacos4-beta-2-lib
> and tapestry 4.0.2)
>

> Hi, I'm new to Tapestry.
>
>      I have an web application and I'm using Spring, Hibernate3 and it
> works
> with ajax using tacos4-beta-2-lib. My application uses one page and in
> this
> page many componentes are loaded with tacos. I have one ASO that contains
> all.
>      My problem is that I looked to jvmstat via visualgc and the
> PermGenSpace memory becomes greater almost to each action that I do in the
> application. I serch about this problem on the internet and I found out
> that
> in PermGenSpace are store Classes and String.intern.
>     So my questions for the moment are:
>             What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space?
>             Can gc clear the PermGenSpace?
>             On logout ?service=restart why PermGenSpace  doesn't been
> clear?
>

> Please help!!!!!
>
> Thanks in advance!

Thank you Kristian for cache solution, the app  works much better now but
perm gen value stiil increases

RE: What goes from Tapestry in Perm Gen Space? (Problem with tacos4-beta-2-lib and tapestry 4.0.2)