Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zeng Lames <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/05 10:09:45 UTC

Add new shard will be treated as replicas in Solr4.0?

Dear All,

we have an existing solr collection, 2 shards, numOfShard is 2. and there
are already records in the index files. now we start another solr instance
with ShardId= shard3, and found that Solr treat it as replicas.

check the zookeeper data, found the range of shard doesn't
change correspondingly. shard 1 is 0-7fffffff, while shard 2 is
80000000-ffffffff.

is there any way to increase new shard for existing collection?

thanks a lot!
Lames

Re: Add new shard will be treated as replicas in Solr4.0?

Posted by Zeng Lames <le...@gmail.com>.
got it. thanks a lot

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zeng Lames <le...@gmail.com>.