Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/01/29 20:27:32 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/ webdav/method LockMethod.java PropFindMethod.java PropPatchMethod.java We bdavMethod.java

Hello remy,

I am currently using Tomcat 3.2b4. I have not tried this with tomcat 4.0
yet.

I was wondering about this spontaneous changes already too, if I check in
some sources.

I have set my editor to expand all tabs to 4 blanks and remove trailing
blanks. I have the feeling some sources contain tabs, which would be
expanded into 8 blanks (at least the indention suggest this).

Next time I will check in, I will try to check in the sources without
changes before and after that check in the changes. This will make your (and
my) reading/merging more easy.

Best regards

Juergen Pill

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com>:

> I am currently using Tomcat 3.2b4. I have not tried this with tomcat
> 4.0
> yet.

Perhaps you should update to 3.2.1 final. 4.0b1 has some annoying bugs
especially with Slide's client library (they have been fixed), so you may want
to wait for 4.0b2.

> I have set my editor to expand all tabs to 4 blanks and remove trailing
> blanks. I have the feeling some sources contain tabs, which would be
> expanded into 8 blanks (at least the indention suggest this).
>
> Next time I will check in, I will try to check in the sources without
> changes before and after that check in the changes. This will make your
> (and
> my) reading/merging more easy.

Good idea, that would solve the reading problem :)

Remy