Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2022/02/18 20:05:48 UTC

Re: problem reading old XML formats with trunk

Hello Carl, All,

On Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 04:57:20PM +0100, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:

> Hello Carl, All,
>
> I am branching the thread from here in order to prune less
> interesting parts.
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 10:12:05PM -0500, Carl Marcum wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > On 11/14/21 5:05 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> > > Hi Carl,

> > > That's why I asked for testing... ;-)
> > > I am not sure if the code was ready, Arrigo might know better.
> >
> > I bisected it down to this one where it starts giving me the error which
> > makes sense according the the commit message:
> >
> > ebd28ad3a7fedadb378ee1596803008e8c6b383b is the first bad commit
> > commit ebd28ad3a7fedadb378ee1596803008e8c6b383b
> >
> >     Raise an exception when attempting to add duplicate attributes
>
> The error is raised during parsing of file styles.xml, initial tag
> <office:document>, attribute
> xmlns:svg="http://openoffice.org/2000/svg"
>
> Method XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() considers
> individual XML attributes and, at the end, it adds the ones it
> considers missing.
>
> The xmlns:svg is considered missing because it does not have the
> expected _content_. Yes, the check is made on attribute contents,
> rather than attribute names.
>
> That attributs's content _should_ be the one indicated above, but the
> caller method XMLTransformerBase::startElement() has _just changed its
> content_ into
> "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:svg-compatible:1.0"
>
> For this reason, method
> XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() tries to re-add the
> "xmlns:svg" element.
>
> The first solutions that come into my mind are:
>
>  1- have XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() consider
>  element _names_ rather than values, or
>
>  2- have XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() look for
>  the ``changed'' content (urn:etcetera) instead of the ``original''
>  one (http://Etcetera)
>
> What is the best way to go?

I went for 2-

This problem should be fixed in trunk with commit
7462b7435704d287da295f8819ee4fd4bffded77

I could not run the tests, though, I think because they cannot
``type'' the string "@AOO" correctly.

My PC has an Italian keyboard, and I am seeing the tests type
 "AOO
instead of
 @AOO
maybe because the Italian layout has the quotes " above the 2 key?

Best regards,
--
Arrigo

Re: problem reading old XML formats with trunk

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Arrigo and All,

On 2/18/22 4:03 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
> Hi Arrigo,
>
> On 2/18/22 3:05 PM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
>> Hello Carl, All,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 04:57:20PM +0100, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Carl, All,
>>>
>>> I am branching the thread from here in order to prune less
>>> interesting parts.

>>> The error is raised during parsing of file styles.xml, initial tag
>>> <office:document>, attribute
>>> xmlns:svg="http://openoffice.org/2000/svg"
>>>
>>> Method XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() considers
>>> individual XML attributes and, at the end, it adds the ones it
>>> considers missing.
>>>
>>> The xmlns:svg is considered missing because it does not have the
>>> expected _content_. Yes, the check is made on attribute contents,
>>> rather than attribute names.
>>>
>>> That attributs's content _should_ be the one indicated above, but the
>>> caller method XMLTransformerBase::startElement() has _just changed its
>>> content_ into
>>> "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:svg-compatible:1.0"
>>>
>>> For this reason, method
>>> XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() tries to re-add the
>>> "xmlns:svg" element.
>>>
>>> The first solutions that come into my mind are:
>>>
>>>   1- have XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() consider
>>>   element _names_ rather than values, or
>>>
>>>   2- have XMLDocumentTransformerContext_Impl::StartElement() look for
>>>   the ``changed'' content (urn:etcetera) instead of the ``original''
>>>   one (http://Etcetera)
>>>
>>> What is the best way to go?
>> I went for 2-
>>
>> This problem should be fixed in trunk with commit
>> 7462b7435704d287da295f8819ee4fd4bffded77

The tests on my trunk build now pass!

>> I could not run the tests, though, I think because they cannot
>> ``type'' the string "@AOO" correctly.
>>
>> My PC has an Italian keyboard, and I am seeing the tests type
>>   "AOO
>> instead of
>>   @AOO
>> maybe because the Italian layout has the quotes " above the 2 key?

That could be the reason.
Maybe somehow the test must use en-US localization or keyboard layout.
I'll have to put that on my list of thing to look into.

>> Best regards,
> I will run the tests against it and report my results.

Reported above.

Thanks for the fix!

Best regards,
Carl