Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 14:11:45 UTC

Hadoop upgrade

Hi,

Planning to upgrade hadoop from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2, what are the key features
or advantages.

Re: Hadoop upgrade

Posted by Robert Dyer <ps...@gmail.com>.
Actually, 1.2.1 is out (and marked stable).  I see no reason not to upgrade.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/releasenotes.html

As far as performance goes, when I upgraded our cluster from 1.0.4 to
1.1.2, our small jobs (that took about 1 min each) were taking about 20-30s
less time.  So there is definitely some performance enhancements!

Re: Hadoop upgrade

Posted by Robert Dyer <ps...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop upgrade

Posted by Robert Dyer <ps...@gmail.com>.