Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 09:58:22 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Skinning architecture and design tool support in Apache Flex 5 (codename "Arthur")

Hi,

I wonder about the changes of the next skinning architecture
in Apache Flex 5 - possibly codenamed after Doug Arthur [1].

My hope is that the following goals would be achieved:

1) Get rid of the old MX namespace and place the old Flex 3 components into
optional SWC files (e.g. framework_flex3.swc)
2) Refactoring UIComponent and SkinnableComponent for higher performance
3) Improving the performance of SkinnableComponent for mobile components
with FXG and MXML skins
4) FXG 2.0 (or later) should be supported by Adobe design tools - like
Photoshop CS6 (and later), Illustrator CS6 (and later) and Photoshop CS6
(and later)
5) An alternative open interaction design tool to Adobe Flash Catalyst
CS5.5 [2] should be build by the Apache Flex community and Adobe folks ...
maybe the "Radiate" project [3] will do ... for more information please
read these threads [4] [5]
6) SkinnableComponents should be exportable to HTML5/CSS/JS
7) UIComponent and SkinnableComponent should be GPU accelerated in
Flashplayer 11.6 (and later)

Thank you for your thoughts!

[1] https://twitter.com/dougart
[2] http://www.adobe.com/products/flashcatalyst.html
[3] http://www.radii8.com/
[4]
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev+radiate#query:list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%20radiate+page:1+mid:7ikdbjs6dn6nfndp+state:results
[5]
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev+%5BWIKI%5D+Designer+%26+Developer+Tools+page#query:list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%20%5BWIKI%5D%20Designer%20%26%20Developer%20Tools%20page+page:2+mid:zaacwn7wh3xkecvq+state:results

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

Re: [PROPOSAL] Skinning architecture and design tool support in Apache Flex 5 (codename "Arthur")

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry,

I found a mistake ;) Of cause "Fireworks CS6 (and later)"

4) FXG 2.0 (or later) should be supported by Adobe design tools - like
Photoshop CS6 (and later), Illustrator CS6 (and later) and Fireworks CS6
(and later)