Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/16 03:20:38 UTC

Remove xml-resolver dependency

Hi ,
Since all the equivalent classes in xml-resolver.jar are all packaged in
jaxb-xjc.jar. We can change the org.apache.cxf.catalog.CataLogManager to
use com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.* class to decrease 82k
distribution size. If there is no objection, I am going to commit the
change.

Cheers,
Jim

Re: Remove xml-resolver dependency

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, December 19, 2011 10:42:23 AM Jim Ma wrote:
> Okay. Then we should keep it as it was.  I just saw these common classes to
> handle the same thing in different places : jaxb-xjc.jar , Sun's JDK,
> xml-resolver.jar.   Looks like current way is the better option.

Yea.  I think so.   The only other option really is to define our own object
that uses some level of reflection to allow use of the sun version, the pure
Apache version, of the com.ibm version in the IBM jdk.   Generally more work
than I think justifies the small jar.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp