Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by shubhamshirur <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/18 09:31:20 UTC

is custom StreamSingleTupleExtractor compulsory in kafka-ignite-sink connector?

Hi I don't how to create custom extractor. Is it compulsory to create SSTE
every time? My data is simple String key and String value in the topic.
Thank you

Re: is custom StreamSingleTupleExtractor compulsory in kafka-ignite-sink connector?

Posted by Alexander Korenshteyn <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  StreamSingleTupleExtractor is a helper interface used when you need to
process your incoming messages before streaming them.

see:
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/stream/StreamAdapter.html
Its use by the socket streamer:
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/stream/socket/SocketStreamer.html

see:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/b1529fbd7d42e3f3a5500a217a2b8b21acbb4189/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/stream/socket/SocketStreamer.java#L170

actual use of the tuple extractor:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/b1529fbd7d42e3f3a5500a217a2b8b21acbb4189/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/stream/StreamAdapter.java#L173

If you have a simple key/value pair that you've already extracted from
kaflka, then calling streamer.addData(K,v) is good enough.
see: https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/data-streaming

Thanks, Alex