Posted to repository@apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2009/09/30 14:56:23 UTC

forcing a sync to the maven 2 repository

Hello,

I hope that this is the correct mailing list for this question. If it
isn't, please point me in the right direction.

The Derby project has been learning how to deploy our build artifacts to
the maven 2 repository. This has involved a fair amount of learning for
us because we don't use maven in our project builds--we use ant instead.
However, I think that we have learned a fair amount and we are getting
close to being able to deploy our artifacts correctly.

A while ago we copied broken artifacts to the staging area at
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/derby
and they were successfully sync'd to the corresponding maven 2 locations
at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby After we were told
that our artifacts were broken, we copied corrected versions to
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/derby
However, those corrected versions have not been sync'd to the maven 2
locations. How do we force a sync to occur?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: forcing a sync to the maven 2 repository

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks Brian and Carlos. I have created a new distribution called
10.5.3.0_1. It contains the Derby 10.5.3.0 jars and better poms. I have
asked for feedback from the user who filed the following issue against
the broken poms: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4390 I have
temporarily staged the new distribution at

    http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/repository/org/apache/derby/

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks Brian and Simon. Are you suggesting one of the following:

1) That we take the 10.5.3.0 distributions and redeploy them with a new
Maven-specific identifier like 10.5.3.0_1?

2) That the Derby community spend a couple weeks vetting a new 10.5.4.0
release, then try deploying that to Maven--perhaps repeating this
process a couple times as we debug our understanding of Maven?

3) Something else?

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@sonatype.com>.